New Last Build Thread "maybe"

263 MPH?? I wish. The rule book has restrictions about the tail section. It can not cover any part of the rear wheel when viewed from the side and can not extend over 3" past the rear tire and can not be over 36" from the ground with the rider seated.:shrug:
Thank you for your kind response...šŸ˜ I am really hoping you have good results Thank you for sharing the process. There is a dozen of us, or half a dozen.... or 1/12 of a dozen that would like to show up to help...

263 MPH?? I wish. The rule book has restrictions about the tail section. It can not cover any part of the rear wheel when viewed from the side and can not extend over 3" past the rear tire and can not be over 36" from the ground with the rider seated.:shrug:
Do you need to contour the tail section to the anticipated rider? I have a very aerodynamic shape but the tail section would need to be much bigger.

Open Class Special Construction is a "Bare Bones" build with a lot of regulations & requirements. Normally I would have already said Hell With It and built it the way I want it to be but I seem to have gotten side tracked with following the rules. Don`t know what`s come over me.:umm: I`ll probably get this built and come to the conclusion that my frame jig is more aerodynamic than the bike I just built.:shootme: On the up side it`s a refreshing change from my previous tracker builds.:thumbsup:

Open Class Special Construction is a "Bare Bones" build with a lot of regulations & requirements. Normally I would have already said Hell With It and built it the way I want it to be but I seem to have gotten side tracked with following the rules. Don`t know what`s come over me.:umm: I`ll probably get this built and come to the conclusion that my frame jig is more aerodynamic than the bike I just built.:shootme: On the up side it`s a refreshing change from my previous tracker builds.:thumbsup:
Stinkin' rules!

Stinkin' rules!
There are options...
1710001120467.png

I wish. The rule book has restrictions about the tail section. It can not cover any part of the rear wheel when viewed from the side and can not extend over 3" past the rear tire and can not be over 36" from the ground with the rider seated.:shrug:

No streamliner for you huh? šŸ˜„ So many rules! Btw, I thought that tail section was looking good. :shrug:

This tail section is much closer but still no cigar.:smoke: I`ve decided all the edges need to have a 3/4" bend. I`ve never done this before but how hard could it be. It`s just aluminum.:shrug: I did sit on the bike for the first time today and the comfort factor is nonexistent. The forward lean to reach the handle bars is OK but the rear set needs to be down and forward. Easy fix because it`s just tacked in place.:thumbsup:
DSCN1817-001.JPGDSCN1818-001.JPG

I repositioned the rear set and rear peg and drilled and slotted the ugly chain guard. Almost presentable but will need polishing. Cut down a set of Hugh`s upper motor mounts and decided to go with 1 3/4" stainless pipes and stainless megaphone reverse cone`s. Cable pull rear master cylinder came today too. Waiting on parts.
DSCN1854-001.JPGDSCN1855-001.JPGDSCN1856-001.JPGDSCN1857-001.JPGDSCN1858-001.JPGDSCN1859-001.JPGDSCN1860-001.JPG

Will the pipes be between your ankles (wide) or underneath your feet(naŕrow)?
The headpipes get cut off just about where the lower center bolt motor mount is then the megaphone extends for 16 1/2". This will put the cone under my feet. The rules say the exhaust has to be directed away from the rider and away from the track surface.:shrug:
Your fabrication skills really are impressive! This bike has really showcased your abilities. šŸ‘šŸ»
Thanks Bob. This build is turning into a real challenge at times but I really need to see the finished build. Then I can dream up some other ridiculous project.:shootme:

I repositioned the rear set and rear peg and drilled and slotted the ugly chain guard. Almost presentable but will need polishing. Cut down a set of Hugh`s upper motor mounts and decided to go with 1 3/4" stainless pipes and stainless megaphone reverse cone`s. Cable pull rear master cylinder came today too. Waiting on parts.
View attachment 264081View attachment 264082View attachment 264083View attachment 264084View attachment 264085View attachment 264086View attachment 264087
šŸ§WoW.šŸ‘

Looks like Special Construction Partial Streamliner Vintage Gas. The record for the 650 class is 122.296 MPH. Harled Davidson??

Back