Custom risers

Halftwist

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
B68EF6B4-A777-4A78-8BAA-DBD50781C7F0.jpeg
9509BC37-033B-4C59-94B9-7D3A7A28AA16.jpeg
hey folks was wondering if anyone had any leads on custom risers for the xs to accommodate 1” bars. I’d like them to give about 2 to 3” lift over stock risers.

Also when you install the visual impact bobber kit is it prudent to weld a cross support between the the back tubes, or is it stout enough without one

Attachments

• CCB1A4AE-0650-4326-AAC9-1B8878D4439C.jpeg
    CCB1A4AE-0650-4326-AAC9-1B8878D4439C.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 246
Important to place rear wheel at a position equal to full shock spring compression and factor in a fender before placing brace. IE a straight tube across the top of the verticals won't work.
Pretty much a million 1" risers on fleabay. The style with a bottom bolt will allow the easiest mount to the 650 bushing set up if you find and cut bolt ID by 10mm? OD sleeves of the proper length. The stock riser bushings tend to get floppy with age, some extra washers cunningly placed can ameliorate most of that slop while still providing some vibration damping.

Important to place rear wheel at a position equal to full shock spring compression and factor in a fender before placing brace. IE a straight tube across the top of the verticals won't work.
Pretty much a million 1" risers on fleabay. The style with a bottom bolt will allow the easiest mount to the 650 bushing set up if you find and cut bolt ID by 10mm? OD sleeves of the proper length. The stock riser bushings tend to get floppy with age, some extra washers cunningly placed can ameliorate most of that slop while still providing some vibration damping.
I haven’t decided if the fender will be mounted to the swing arm in hardtail style or if I’ll mount I directly under the seat to the main frame through a series of brackets. Either way I think a piece of 1 inch tubing or pipe welded inside the seat cross members about halfway from the neck to the uprights will suffice and won’t be seen.

There is quite a bit of play in the rubber bushings so I will have to address that, I’ll try the washers for sure!. I’ve found quite a few 1 inch risers but I’m looking for 2 to 3” risers the exact same style as stock but no dice. I haven’t seen any that screw on even with the bolt coming in from the bottom like you said.

pm sent...

Attachments

• 20180623_174929.jpg
    20180623_174929.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
The washer is a 3/8" (I think) fender washer installed BETWEEN the upper and lower rubbers, don't stack washers on the ends

Right, that makes sense. Are new rubber grommets hard to find? And are they worth a darn

Back