"Dash" for mini gauges?

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Haven't I seen a dash or bracket for the mini gauges that allows you to keep the ignition switch up near the bars?

I made this bracket for my mini's. If you did put the ignition switch there it might not look the greatest with the wires and stuff hanging down.

Attachments

• IMG_0964 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0964 (1024x768).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 336
Not the best pic, but I have two piece of ~1/8 inch flat stock that hold my ignition switch between the two handle bar clamps. When I ran a speedo it was mounted to the left handlebar clamp and sat next to the ignition switch. I'll see if I can find a pic of that..

lhs.jpg

Im looking into mini gauges as well but have 1 question. when i find the gauges i want how do you set up the electrical part? the stock gauges have a plastic "plug" that the wires lead into and hook up to the bikes wiring. the aftermarket gauges dont have that? how do you wire them up?
Thank you!

thats great! is it very work intense? i have not done any electrical work. i am just trying to get smaller gauges. will it be easy or do i have to have previous experience.
Thank you!

You may have to scratch your head a time or two but you can probably figure it out.
Mikes crimpers have been reported as a good tool in the past but after my snap ring plier experience you might ask if what is listed is the same. I don't own one or I'd look.

Back