Death Brap! Not a project, a mission.

shotgunjoe

XS650 Hunter
Reaction score
Here is the introduction of my build. Its not a tracker, or a cafe, or a bobber... nope not a chopper either. Its more of a collage of ideas that have been brewing in my head for the past 5 years.

I simply used what I had laying around, some may like it, some will hate it. I love it... despite the issues that have been making me go nuts.

The parts:
Vintage tracker style bars
Custom grips (left overs from another bike, orignals were cut and hanging off)
Bar end mirrors (reversed to go under bars)
Lowered headlight
Lowered gauges
Small turn signals
DIY rider seat and matching passenger seat (made from parts off of my Buell Firebolt)
Bicycle peddle pegs
Bicycle peddle Kickstarter
Buell Taillight (custom fitted)
Aftermarket pipes from "Whoknowswhere"
Lowered and rebuilt forks
RZ350 PMA (awesome!)

Thats about it for now. More mods to come. Thanks for looking. :bike:

P4240339.jpg

P4240338.jpg

P4240340.jpg

Thanks guys. This is not nearly done, more of a rideable mockup.

I want to be able to ride it this summer, before I tear it done again for the winter. Every modification needs to function properly, so that once I do paint and powdercoat, I don't have to tear anything apart do to not working.

Plus I don't draw, my bike IS my canvas. Some of my ideas haven't worked out so well, so I have redone some of my bike 4-5 times before it was good enough to visualize what it might look like when I redo it for the final time.... :umm: :laughing:

New tires on friday! WOOO!

Minor update. New tires, and a new tail section (I had some one hold the bike while I stood on it and jumped up and down, 200lbs strong). Enjoy.

P5080356.jpg

P5080357.jpg

I cant wait to do up the rider seat properly!

What dual sport tires are those? Was it difficult to find DS tires in the 18/19 size? They look great and would be good for a fire road with fenders.

Currently have the same idea. Ride it now, tear into it later.

Likin the lowered gauges. How did you do this?

RZ350 PMA ?? What's this

I really like it. Im curious how the pipe sounds. I have a 2-1 also and want to change it up. Is it nice and deep?

What dual sport tires are those? Was it difficult to find DS tires in the 18/19 size? They look great and would be good for a fire road with fenders.

They are Shinko 705, they are considered an 80/20 tire (80% street, 20% offroad), they offer more grip than I'll ever use... have not had them offroad. 19/18 DS tires are easy to come by. I paid $112 shipped for these.

Currently have the same idea. Ride it now, tear into it later.

Likin the lowered gauges. How did you do this?

RZ350 PMA ?? What's this

Lowering the gauges is easy. Unbolt them from the triple clamp, move bracket from the TOP of the clamp to the BOTTOM, reinstall bolts from the opposite side. Done.

RZ350 Permanent magnet alternator. Have a search, Most are doing the Banshee PMA, but this works just as well and was cheaper for me. Although they are harder to find.

I really like it. Im curious how the pipe sounds. I have a 2-1 also and want to change it up. Is it nice and deep?

The exhaust is pretty loud, sounds good. I have never seen another one though. someone said it MAY be an old kerker... I am actually removing the muffler, and its not in great shape visually. I will make my own pipes, but finding a design I like... :banghead:
:laugh:

Motorcycle-Superstore has the Shinko 705 model.

Rear : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/20401/ITEM/Shinko-705-Series-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx

Front : http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co.../Shinko-705-Series-Dual-Sport-Front-Tire.aspx

$95.98 with free shipping. I really like motorcycle-superstore for Motorcycle Tires. They have their shit down.

Tubes

Front : http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/search#w=100785
P/N 100785 / $26.99

Rear : http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/search#w=100783
P/N 100783 / $26.99

Total, $149.96 (free shipping)

You can go cheaper with tubes, I just wanted it to represent what I'd buy.

Neat find, neat bike bud.

Those Shinko tires are nice. How does it handle with the front fender removed?

I havent ridden it hard enough to notice anything to be concerned with, but I'd guess that with as much as the front is lowered, there is less flex than a stock fork with a fender. More of the tube down in the lower legs... but thats just a guess. So far its handling very well, although a little stiff. I am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to get this bike to change directions. Even more flickable than my buell XB was. I think its gonna surprise the sportbikes I ride with through the canyons. :bike:

Added gussets to the new rear section... just in case. Looks better too.

Took the bike on a short 40 mile cruise 2up today as well. Damn thing handled everything I could throw at it. Hard bumps, broken pavement, construction zones, curves, hills, traffic, a little of everything. Got it leaned over pretty far... enough to drag a knee. Nothing weird or wacky happened. Couldn't feel anything that would concern me. The wife likes it... for the same reason some people don't. She called it "a giant vibrator"! And now shes REALLY excited about hers getting built. :laugh:

A longer group ride scheduled for tomorrow should be good times.

Back