Decided to post my CAFE build

Last night I feel like alot got accomplished, Got the swingarm mounted up with new brass bushings and grease seals, Got the new roller bearings in for the steering stem. I polished up the Left side engine cover, valve covers, and the oil filter cover. Started in on the right side cover but wasn't able to finish it last night. My girlfriends dad was able to finish the seat and I'll pick it up tonight and try it out. Once again more pictures:

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_9909.jpg

Great looking bike. The tank looks really good. The chrome seam edge covers on the tank are a good idea. Where did you find them. The new seat looks comfortable and will keep your girl happy. I really like the bike nice job. Looking forward to seeing when finished. Professional. :thumbsup:

Great looking bike. The tank looks really good. The chrome seam edge covers on the tank are a good idea. Where did you find them. The new seat looks comfortable and will keep your girl happy. I really like the bike nice job. Looking forward to seeing when finished. Professional. :thumbsup:

Thank you, it really does mean alot. I bought the tank from a fellow on here by the name GIO_rosa He had that on there but I know you can buy that trim at any auto parts store.

IMG_2985.jpg

Well engine is in, Now to have the headers painted black, the sidepanels cut and powder coated, and start bolting everything up. I have both wheels on but they are coming back off to cleaned up nicely.

So, this week has been flying by. I'm heading to Florida tomorrow at 2 (thank God), so I will be posting if any at a sparatic pace. Latest progress comes to this:
Monday night. I took my side panels and marked them up, cut them, and pulled out the dzus fasteners.
Tuesday I took my side panels to my powder coater to have him spray them and he had them finished in 5 hours. Checked everything out last night and Decided to paint the dzus fasteners black with spray paint. So side panel colors will be Yellow with black fasteners and aluminum rivets. Oh, and I picked up a 2"-50' roll of Header wrap at the O'rielley auto store.

The best news of all is that I believe I have finally gotten a baseline for jetting those TM carburetors and the jets and needles are on their way. Bike bandit had the cheapest selection btw. I'm starting with a 190 main, 25 pilot, P-6 needle jet, 6f9 needle, air screws out 1 turn, no air jets. Hopefully this should give me a good start. I'll keep track of all my data using my handy dandy excel and word documents which I designed. In my opinion the TM is the superior carburetor but that is a direct reflection of my Motocross background. Anyways, hopefully I can help some folks out on using these carbs.

See y'all next Wednesday.
But here are a couple pictures until I get back.
:thumbsup::guns:

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

That's Kenny Roberts, the king.

I went to school with Kenny from the first grade until he dropped out of high school, in Modesto, CA. We went to Paradise School, a little four room K-8 school just west of Modesto in the country. There were only 10 boys in our class, so we all hung out together most of the time. He had trophies taller than him when we were in grade school. He was fearless and had the most uncanny sens of balance on anything with two wheels.

DLD1

Looks great. Your really flyin through the last stages.

I really look forward to seeing this one complete!

Thanks everyone. And jsmith, I'm running stock headers back to a set of emgo shorty mufflers. Headers will be wrapped in black header wrap and mufflers in chrome

Posted via Mobile

Hey, thanks for the answer. My question then is are you going to upsweep the mufflers or keep them straight flat with the stock header pipes? I am using stock headers as well and thinking I want to upsweep them. How are you connecting the headers to the mufflers? I read a post where the guy put a reducer in to get the inside pipe of the header attached and then put the mufflers over top of the reducer so it didn't show. If I could find that I would post it for you.

Thanks dblwlf and jsmith. I pretty much just cut them flat even where the weld is for the mufflers. Then I used a reducer from oriellys that fit inside the first wall off the head pipe and was close to the Id of the muffler. I then took the reducer and muffler to a muffler shop and had them swedge the reducer to make it fight tight within the muffler. Then used the support bracket to ensure it would stay put. Muffler shop did the swedging for free.

Posted via Mobile

Back