Denver to Mexico and back for the EDR 2017!

What a great ride! When you guys were on Usery Road, (Phoenix Sign on Mountain) you went right by my AZ House! Love that road up to Saguaro Lake.

roy
I could easily spend a few more days riding around there, something about the giant saguaros dotting the landscape is magical.

To those of who don't have one locally but have been to one, riding past an In-And-Out is a sacrilege. Looks like a great trip! We are planning a Washington, Oregon and northern Calif. coast loop starting from southeastern Washington in July. Really looking forward to it.

my son made a new amigo and he let him play his guitar
Pretty sure the guitar is a Yamaha...
492327B6-734B-4666-BC13-75466399A909.jpg

Bike specs for anyone interested.
my bike (red)
1973 tx650 motor, never opened. bigger carb jets for sea level performance, pamco elec ignition, HHB pma adapter, sparks capacitor, shindengen mosfet voltage regulator, ebay stator, 18/30 gearing 520 chain.
son's bike (blue)
1980 stock motor, stock charging system, points ignition, 18/32 gearing 520 chain.
We ran 80 mph on the highways, 55-65 mph on the 2 lane roads. I averaged 45 mpg fully loaded, my son did better with over 50 mpg.
The only hiccup on the trip was the points fouled on my son's bike. The previous owner reverted his 1980 electronic ignition bike back to points for some reason, so there is a pamco in his bike's future. had to limp 80 miles to get to a parts store, but we made it.
00E4CA53-00B5-48C9-A78F-67D5DFBAC49E.jpg

There is a loop on US 60 from Gold Canyon to Superior, then SR177 to Winkleman and on around to Globe then US 60 back down to Superior to Porter's Bar (great food) and on back to Gold Canyon. About 125 miles of super scenery, twisty 2 lane and 10% grades. If that ride won't blow your sundress over your head you've seen too much!

roy

Rumor is Harley is starting up a musical instruments division.

Early Yamaha guitars are based on a Spanish design and were an attempt to break into the large capacity guitar market dominated by British manufacturers at the time.

Back