Desert sled exhaust

Rickrod3

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I would get an exhaust like on the Triumph TR6.
I do not know where to start.
Are there aftermarket ones for the 650?
Do they have to be fabricated?
If anyone has done this or know of a bike that has them; I would appreciate the info.

Rick
XS650SF

Sorry I assumed everyone was familiar, with the bike that made the famous jump, in the movie the great escape.

Hi Rick, If you have no luck finding a set I can make them for you no problem :thumbsup: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2434

I just recently became on the mission of making my SF into a desert sled. I can weld I just never did an exhaust. So I was looking into info into possibly doing it myself.
The bending part my be a hang up for me.
Can you buy 90 and 45 degree bends?
Just so I know what would it cost for you to build them.

Rick

I am very familiar with the bike :laugh: A friend of mine new Bud Ekins (stuntman that made the jump) and owns three Steve McQueen bikes. Here I am sitting on Mr.McQueen's 1941 CHP Chief :thumbsup: McQueen loved it so much he kept it on display in his livingroom! And yes you can buy bends online from several sources, Megs custom exhaust, Columbia river, Burns stainless etc.... P.S. McQueen, Ekins and Von Dutch were all friends and one of the bikes my friend owns was painted for McQueen by VonDutch.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am very familiar with the bike :laugh: A friend of mine new Bud Ekins (stuntman that made the jump) and owns three Steve McQueen bikes. Here I am sitting on Mr.McQueen's 1941 CHP Chief :thumbsup: McQueen loved it so much he kept it on display in his livingroom! And yes you can buy bends online from several sources, Megs custom exhaust, Columbia river, Burns stainless etc.... P.S. McQueen, Ekins and Von Dutch were all friends and one of the bikes my friend owns was painted for McQueen by VonDutch.

Way cool thanks for the info
Rick

That is a very cool story. Got any more pics of the bike you're sitting on? Or other McQueen bikes?
How did your friend end up with the bike? Did he get them at auction?

Back