did chrysler/rs swap, now im in trouble!

brilamb2

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys thanks for all the help, but now im in trtouble! I did the swap, and it ran fine, and was charging at 13.2 at idle, and went to 14.1 at about 3000. After it ran great for about 45 min of riding, it just stalled, and now i have no electrical anywhere, and it wont start. 81 btw, an i tdid blow the 15a main fuse when this happened. changing the fuse didnt help any.

I'm pretty sure the main fuse should be a 20, all the others 10s. Maybe that's why it blew, it wasn't big enough.

Troubleshoot the problem by progess of elimination. With an 81 you should have 4 fuses. Remove the other 3 fuses leaving just the main 20 amp fuse. Turn on the ignition..........does the main fuse blow?

Try removing the brushes, turn on ignition..............does the main fuse blow?

check connections both hot and ground start at the battery and work away the open circuit will show up. A turn signal bulb works fine for this. Actually better than tester because it draws enough load to show poor connections. The fuse box area is notorious for bad connections.

well now that i looked into it more, it spiked up to about 15.5 before it popped the fuse, and the wiring was hacked apart, so i cant figure out if it was shorted or not. is it possible the tci got fried in the process, or might i be lucky? I am completely rewiring th bike, so as not to have as many issues in the future.

Back