Did something really stupid pressing the seal into my 1979 special right lower fork leg. Does anyone

Cracked it using a new electric hydraulic press I wasn't familiar with yet. DUMBY ME. The sad thing was it was all turned down and polished. Got a brand new one on e-bay for $90.00 with shipping so i'll machine it and send it out for polishing. Hope to be done with it in 2 weeks.

Nothing worse than putting in a ton of work and then wrecking something - sorry to hear.

Easy does it. I used a rubber mallet and an old wheel bearing to put mine in.

Got the new fork leg, machined it, and got it back from the polisher. luckily for me this NOS fork leg had a very soft and usable seal already installed. So it is now installed on my frame that is back from the powder coaters, which has been cut to fit O'mars tank, rear fender # plate and seat. Cases polished, 19" mag wheels front and rear with polished edges and polished spokes. And as much stainless steel hardware I can get. If I can get my son in law to teach me how to post pictures I soon will. Thanks again for all the help and kind words as I move along.

I have 2 lowers someone gave me. They are beautifully polished. Unfortunately they are both bent and the stanchions won't go down into them.
So much work he did and they are useless.

I have 2 lowers someone gave me. They are beautifully polished. Unfortunately they are both bent and the stanchions won't go down into them.
So much work he did and they are useless.
Here's an idea, get the damaged one from Hotshoe and use the three to build a bar stool for the man cave!

Back