DIY brake pivot point

Here is mine ((its just mocked up in this pic). Everything stays above the frame with this setup.

Attachments

• 0702.jpg
    0702.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 264
I have started machining a shell for the stock pivot out of DOM tubing, and installing a grease fitting. You can weld them to your frame in any location you need.

I'll try to get some pics, I've been swamped with you guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Made this one. I tapped a grease fitting in mine too. Hugh's looks better.

Attachments

• rsz_bikes_004.jpg
    rsz_bikes_004.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 161
  • rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    rsz_bikes_002.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 178
Hugh for sure going to get one of those and your lowering kit for the front forks just waiting on the hardtail first. just wondering if you changed the rake on your bike or is it stock? i am going for a similar look and is that a 21" front and one more ? how much did you lower the front?

Hugh for sure going to get one of those and your lowering kit for the front forks just waiting on the hardtail first. just wondering if you changed the rake on your bike or is it stock? i am going for a similar look and is that a 21" front and one more ? how much did you lower the front?

Thanks for the orders gang :thumbsup: I build this stuff based on what you (the XS650 Community) need. Always glad to help, I enjoy this stuff.

My bike is "0" stretch, Deraked 2 Degrees, and lowered 3.25" in the front. The wheel is a 21" Akront laced to the stock Hub with Buchanan's Stainless Spokes...

Back