DIY Drag Pipes

Nice!! Hey where did you place the washer baffle? Yeah man have any Qs on wiring just PM me

I installed mine about 3/4" before the bevel of where it transitions from 1-3/4" to the smaller I.D.

Attachments

• IMG_20110905_090206.jpg
    IMG_20110905_090206.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20110905_090224.jpg
    IMG_20110905_090224.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 232
Now does it matter how far the baffle is set in the exhaust? Sorry to high jack

How well do they work? Do they just take the bark out of them? I have a set of headers coming and want to do something different.

I'm now glad I kept those stock pipes... There will be a use for them. Bill, is the welded washer inside there to keep the baffle in or what?

The welded washer is the baffle. And it's adjustable so you can tune the exhaust.

The first I ever heard of them was at Myrtle Beach, SC where the cops would stick their night sticks or pieces of rod up your pipes to feel for baffles. If they didn't hit something you got a ticket. Turned out there was more to them than just fooling the cops.

Almost done with the exhaust. I want a slash cut the end of the exhaust but I'm not too good in making angled cuts with the cut off wheel. Never seems to work out. lol

Yeah, it's a bit tricky. I cut short of what I want and then take them to the bench grinder.
If you stand the pipe up on the slash cut, you'll see where you need to trim it down. Worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Back