Dna springer brakes

Koy1964

Koy1964
Reaction score
To anyone who has ran a DNA springer setup, what brake caliper did you use for it? I have been looking for weeks and still i am a lil confused by it all, I have seen people talk of a 10" rotor setup cause it looks better but have found nothing more into it or what caliper they used.. i seen the normal DNA caliper that runs a 11" or so rotor but that looks really big on a 21" wheel.. either way im just looking for insight before i buy, thanx all.. (if i missed this topic somewhere else i'm sorry but i have seen nothing on it)

Sorry, been a bit busy and no i haven't found much, i checked out the site and i like the one but not willing to pay that much for em, and looking into the 21" front rim doesn't look as bad as i thought it may..

I will start by just guessing here. If you like the 10.5 inch rotor. It was used on the rear of the 650. You could try using a rear caliper and mount bracket, the bracket may be a bit heavy. It may be ok if it is trimmed down some. This bracket will replace the wheel spacer on one side of the wheel then a brace ran back to the rear leg of the springer.
Most of the Harley aftermarket catalogs have many brake setups for this sort of application. If you don't want to spend that much , then it might give you some ideas on how to make 650 parts work.

I like the way your thinking xsleo, although i will be getting the money finally to order all the parts i need by this friday, i'm not opposed to the buying either just i couldn't justify it to my woman with buying some brakes that are less capable at 599.00 a pop when there is the normal setup for a DNA around 230.00 that has greater stopping power.. lol... But, i do agree with you on making a 650 set work, although i am building a few custom parts already and yet while i am itching to ride, so sadly i'm going to go the standard route just to get on the road faster.. thanx for the help guys, ill be posting pix soon again :)

Back