DNA Springer....Need help please!!!

teionjames

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm building an 81 xs and the last major part I need is a front end. I had my heart set on a DNA springer. I'm building on a budget so this fit the bill perfectly. Upon further research I'm starting to see a ton of negative reviews. I've also seen my fair share of positive reviews as well. So now I'm basically stuck in my mind as to what I should do. Was just wondering what everyone on here had to say about them, good or bad. Thanks.

you get what you pay for. they arent the smoothest front ends you could buy a shock for it, but theres another hundred. and then i think they are ugly, could buy a wish bone to dress it up but thats a few more hundred. oh and if you just are buying parts and bolting on you have to pay for harley parts. its not really a budget any more...wait to find a better one online. do it right the first time. ive heard of them breaking, but if you dont hot rod it then you should be fine. not meant to be used for popin' wheelies. maybe find a shop to build you one.

Im selling a springer in the classified section... needs a little modification, but way better quality than a DNA.

thanks for the help guys. Think I'm going to end up using a wideglide front end instead of a springer, I'm using Harley fatboy wheels so that'll be less hassle making them work. I'll wait until I can afford a Paughco springer

Back