DNS Springer

L_Brown

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you can buy a springer from some sites like TC brothers with the mod already done so it will fit a XS650 frame. I want to know what has to be done to the springer to make it fit.

Thanks

almost nothing....to the springer...

you need to change the bearing in your neck to fit the dna...and its pretty easy

and cut 1/16- 1/8 inch of the buttom of your neck

let me know if you want any information about bearring code or anything else

Anbody know of a post about this process with maybe some pictures of the steps?
jefft

like this...
IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

if you have any other question just ask it will be a pleasure to help anyone!

If you meant "DNA" I suppose it's okay for an art project . As a motorcycle part it's an abortifact .
Search "DNA springer failure" for yourself . I've seen four different failures first hand I don't need to see any more .

As for bearing swaps , if not on the all balls racing site conversion list then I've found them to be extremely helpful over the years .

As an alternative the WLA 45" (750cc) Harley springer is a reasonable fit and not too rare (read pricey) .

~kop

I have done over 20 of them and no problem.
The only thing I suggest is what I do. There is a allen key screw at the bottom of the new springers fork. It holds the stem in and it just rests on the stem. I use a smaller drill bit that fits threw the hole to make a indent so when you screw in the allen it sits into the hole so the stem has no way to turn or move. Only thing I can say about there construction. I have and still riding out there two in NY (POT HOLE CITY) two in PHILA (POT HOLE CITY) one in the VA one in Ohio and others that are still out there somewhere. The only problem I ever had with one was back in the 80's and it was 20 over and snapped because the guy drove into a open man hole.
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 197
  • frame&springer.jpg
    frame&springer.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 186
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 173
  • th_kutz.jpg