Free - Do not deal with this guy

Mbeckler

XS650 Member
Reaction score
His name: "1lowdiesel", I bought a headlight assy from this guy a month ago and still have not received it. He even told me he shipped it and had the tracking number but haven't heard from him since. He will not answer my emails. Now I still need a headlight assy.

eBay may have it's problems, but they have begun to protect buyers who get screwed by sellers; including in some cases giving you your money back. Try finding one there - and take the time to read the seller's feedback.

I think the eBay model of paying up front should not necessarily be followed when dealing with private one-on-one purchases that have no 3rd party resolution possibilities.

There's no reason for one party to incur 100% of the risk by paying up front and hoping the seller ships the product. Would seem fair to me to share the risk 50/50 and pay half up front, and then the remaining half upon receipt of goods.

Worst case scenario there is the seller gets ripped off for 1/2 the payment, or the buyer loses 1/2 the money.

Back