Do you want non ethanol fuel?

Interesting side note: It can be mathematically demonstrated that because of the specific heat capacity of alcohol, it cools the intake air significantly more than gasoline, so you can fit more air and fuel into the combustion chamber, and produce more net power. Of course, this relies on several assumptions that may or may not be valid under any given circumstances.

Interesting side note: It can be mathematically demonstrated that because of the specific heat capacity of alcohol, it cools the intake air significantly more than gasoline, so you can fit more air and fuel into the combustion chamber, and produce more net power. Of course, this relies on several assumptions that may or may not be valid under any given circumstances.

Power isn't the issue for most of us. The issue is the many problems Ethanol causes in older engines.

Most of us snowmobilers prefer non ethanol for our sleds. This link may be of interest to some here also, to help find non ethy fuel..

http://pure-gas.org/

Sadly, the website is already outdated and there is no means to report stations that have switched since they became listed. I just checked 3 that are about 20 miles from me and were selling E10 just last weekend.

Great idea, but probably impossible to keep updated.

I just checked out the site and it looks like it is updated every month. But, it does say it is a users site. Meaning the users are the ones responsible for updating. You can add a station, or remove a station by clicking on its details. I guess updating depends on people willing to do the work.

I've had problems with that site, too. It looks like it's up to the readers to update it. I've also heard that there's a federal mandate to sell ethanol gas; either that, or it's getting too hard to come by "real" gasoline; 2 stations near me have switched to E10. I was getting about 5% better mileage with the non-ethanol, too. Darn!

hi guys,,,, a few years ago in MORWELL victoria australia,, a guy opened up an independent service station selling 10% ethanol ,, i unknowingly purchased 50-60 bucks worth for my commodore wagon ,,, which ran like a charf cutter for about 30k ,,then as sweet as ever,, the exhaust looked like new after a week with it in the car,,, the only drama too me was he was dearer than any other sort of petrol in morwell,, which was a shame as our goverment was trying to push its use .. but no real support .. i used to use it about once a month ... as ir ran sweet .. ,,, i really don,t know about putting in my bikes regards oldbiker

Back