Dragbars and steering stops, what did you do?

lassenc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey

I've mounted dragbars on my XS. With the standard tank, the RHS controls hit the tank.

How did you avoid that?

I put drags on my bike and it did the same thing. To avoid them from hitting the tank? You could flip the top triple tree and it will act as a slight riser, (but i think it looks horrible). Also buy risers, but again i think it looks goofy. Its just the way the bike was made for the stock bars. If you really want them on there, its going to be something you have to deal with.

I have a 81 special added drag bars to it also and my right side hits, wonder if you added a little to the stop would help.

I found out a way to twist it further up, before the MC was hitting the instruments, but it's okay now.

I just welded a little piece of 3/8 rod to the factory stops then filed it down so the fork stop hit flat metal (about 1/ the width of the rod). Works aweosm and I am running a Mustang tank, about the same front width as a stocker...

I drilled a hole in each of the stops on the bottom yoke and fitted a set screw to limit the rotation of the forks. You can use small washers to fine adjust (I like playing with different tanks).

Back