Drive chain guide bolt specs?

Dakota_Lew

XS650 Agronomist
Reaction score
I have some how misplaced the bolt to what I believe is the drive chain guide. I have looked in the clymers and am having a hard time finding the specs on the bolt. I am hoping I can just run down to my local hardware-store and find it. If not I will throw an order into mikes since I need a few odds and ends.

Here is the picture of the part I am referring to. Need the bolt, not the part though. Anybody point me in the right direction?

50chainguide.jpg

Thanks fore the help!

I have some how misplaced the bolt to what I believe is the drive chain guide. I have looked in the clymers and am having a hard time finding the specs on the bolt. I am hoping I can just run down to my local hardware-store and find it. If not I will throw an order into mikes since I need a few odds and ends.

Here is the picture of the part I am referring to. Need the bolt, not the part though. Anybody point me in the right direction?

50chainguide.jpg

Thanks fore the help!

It bolts to the starter gears cover...................the bolts are 6 mm by 25 mm long. It also bolts to one of the crankcase studs which are 8 mm studs.

You can find this information at www.boats.net.
The part number for the bolt contains the diameter and length in mm.

Attachments

• 5698 R1.JPG
    5698 R1.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 73
The shift shaft guard fits on one of the starter gear cover bolts on the bottom left and on one of the case studs at the top right. Surely you haven't lost all those gear cover bolts? .....

GuardMount.jpg

ShiftShaftGuard2.jpg

Back