XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of buying this 1977 DT250 $500 Aust, for the son to ride on the dirt
Any thoughts

Attachments

• DT 0.jpg
    DT 0.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 175
Grab it, just check compression etc & ride it. They are a good bike & for that $$$ worth grabbing.

ide buy it. arnt aussie prices for bikes drastically high? seems like a good first bike for the little guy.
Good tires, good plastics.
Does it run good?

My buddy races these (vintage motocross). There is actually a lot of power to be had in those motors if you know the tricks. The part that slows you down is the antiquated suspension. He's got one that he converted to a road race bike that is absolutely sweet.

My buddy races these (vintage motocross). There is actually a lot of power to be had in those motors if you know the tricks. The part that slows you down is the antiquated suspension. He's got one that he converted to a road race bike that is absolutely sweet.

Got a pic of the road bike?

if the motors/gear box is not siezed it looks its worth every penny of $500.ater all its a 2 stroke,cheap to rebuild top end if need be. (ps.if you dont want it at that price send it up to me) (pps. are you skiting or complaining)

This DT looks cool
Maybe ANOTHER PROJECT COMING ON

Attachments

• Gravel-Crew.jpg
    Gravel-Crew.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Yamaha-DT250-by-The-Gravel-Crew.jpg
    Yamaha-DT250-by-The-Gravel-Crew.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 446
Wally I had one which I put a rd forn-end, European bars, ported cylinders, custom low exhaust fabricatied and a cafe quarter fairing. It would go past the ton with the right gears. Terrible fuel milege with the alterations but loads fo fun.

Wally I had one which I put a rd forn-end, European bars, ported cylinders, custom low exhaust fabricatied and a cafe quarter fairing. It would go past the ton with the right gears. Terrible fuel milege with the alterations but loads fo fun.

Got a Pic as well

Wally it has long been gone. I did have it painted white and red single stripe with black trim. I do not have a old picture. It had D.I.D aluminum rims with Michein racing rubber. I handled like a slot car. It would blow stock rd's away. The person that ported and constructed my pipe, built a similar bike from a 400 single Suzuki 2-stroke. It was hard keeping the front wheel on the pavement. Good luck with your project. It is time for me to complete my 63 BSA A-65

That looks like what was sold as a YZ here in the States. Agree, tough motor but poor suspension. Good starter bike, though.

Oh, man, Wally that DT is SWEET!

I've been half-assed looking for a two stroke for a street bike, I may have to intensify the search a little.

:eek: Maybe just a tad... :laugh:

That's actually about 50 miles east of me, track looks to be a high school sports field.

Back