For Sale - Dunstall Reverse Cone mufflers

junkshow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Purchased from 650 Central, just too quiet for my liking. There is a dent about the size of a dime where the center stand contacted one of the pipes.

Trying to sell so I can purchase the shorty version, so maybe a trade if interested.

$120 shipped to lower US.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the dent. This is as good of a shot as I could get, it's hard to get a detailed pic of chrome. FWIW, it's only about 5/8th of an inch long and really, it's barely noticeable.

Also, those are not scrapes, those are smudges from a rag and finger prints on the dent. I haven't even had the bike on the street yet.

Attachments

• XS650 muffler dent.jpg
    XS650 muffler dent.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 147
Here are some pics. They have exactly 16.9 miles on them since I've been trying to work out an engine noise. The last pic a of the dent from the center stand on the bottom of the pipe.

Attachments

• 5-04-12 muffler pics 001.jpg
    5-04-12 muffler pics 001.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 5-04-12 muffler pics 002.jpg
    5-04-12 muffler pics 002.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 5-04-12 muffler pics 003.jpg
    5-04-12 muffler pics 003.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 5-04-12 muffler pics 005.jpg
    5-04-12 muffler pics 005.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 160
Hary123 was a spammer, his posts have been deleted and he has been permanently banned.

junkshow,

What you want are the Dunstall Big O mufflers with the straight through (almost) baffle. These are as long as the ones you got but are much freer flowing and have that good Dunstall sound. The short ones have the same baffle design but are too loud and not as deep sounding. Both the long and short are super free flowing mufflers but I am partial to the looks and sound of the long Dunstall.

Tom

Junkshow,

I installed the Big O mufflers about 6 months ago and concur with Tom, they have a very deep throaty sound and are plenty loud, bought off the recommendation of Michael Morse and have been very happy with them.

Scott

Back