Easy to use DIY Tank Bungs

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
Perfect for mounting fenders, tanks, brackets and anything else you can think of on your custom build. Doing it right just got easier. No longer will you need to drill through your frame and use too long of a bolt and sacrifice strength to mount a tank/fender. These DIY Weld In Bungs are so simple to use. Just locate where you want the bolt, drill a 1/2″ hole, drop the bung into the 1/2″ hole and weld it up. It doesn’t get much easier or more professional than that.

These bungs allow for 1/8″ clearance to the mounting surface as well, keeping your paint fresh, and allowing room for Cables, Zip Ties, Isolation Padding, etc… under your tank/fender

DSC_0139.jpg

*don't mind the bad grinding work on the frame, this was just for reference on a scrap frame.
DSC_0048_0043.jpg

Made From USA Manufactured 1018 Steel, internally threaded and sold in pairs (2 Count)
Buy a handful, you’ll be surprised just how useful these things are in your custom build.
Available in Both Metric and Standard Sizes (M8x1.25 or 5/16-18)

Available at www.hughshandbuilt.com in our shop.

Thanks for all your support folks!

Last edited:
Slowly updating my inventory, I was sold out of these for about 2 weeks, but after a few days at the lathe, we are ready to go again.... Thanks again for all your support....

Hugh

sent you an email to address on blog about a couple questions i really need to learn to weld this would make life alot easier hope to buy some stuff from you soon

We also have these in M8 x 1.25 now - something for everyone

Thanks so much for your support this year folks - I have the best customers in the world -

Hugh

We have TONS of these in stock... Shipping might be high on the website, so feel free to email me for a proper shipping quote

Hugh

Back