ebay assholes

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I hate ebay some times(ok most of the time ) if ppl don't know how to use ebay they should not tri to sell on it I bought a set of 7/8 biltwell kung foo grips free shipping
for $4.69 new in the box guy said he orderd the wrong ones now he won't ship them
or even anwser any questens from me or e-bay I sure the shipping will cost more than I paid. sorry not my fault if he would have emailed me I would have paid shipping. cause they went too cheep he did not set a min price. I bid 10 bucks to start they sold for 4.69 I paided 10 min after the closing now I waiting on grips that may never come,it now a week after the day it said I would get them so pissed off right now, do I order from someone else or just wait ohhh did I say there for my build off bike that I now have to reseal and repaint the tank has not been a good week sorry I just needed to vent.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I sell some on ebay. The best thing about them is their feedback. And you really don't have to worry about getting ripped off. They will eventually get you your money back.

Every time I buy something on here I worry a little when the seller asks that I send him money "as a friend" on Pay pal. No way to argue to pay pal about not receiving item if the seller doesn't send.

Good Luck with it. What do those grips cost retail?

ya I know what you mean I don't send as a friend I'll pay a little extra if needed,and its not about getting ripped off it's that I need the parts and I don't know if I'll get them or not 18-20 bucks + shipping less than 30 shiped its not a lot but it's just the not knowing.I know it sucks but I have lost money selling on here and ebay just man up and give me my parts and know better next time sorry there I go again.

Wait, he's trying to back out of an AUCTION? I've bought stuff on Buy It Now before that was set too low, and sometimes the seller will try to back out, but if it's an auction, you know what you're getting yourself into.
If he's saying he got the wrong size, like 1" instead of 7/8, I'd tell him to send them anyway. You can always flip them and buy the right size.
At the very least, bad feedback is a powerful motivator. But honestly, if it was an auction, I wouldn't let him weasel his way out. I've sold stuff lower than I wanted on auction, but that's just the risk the seller takes.

no he was selling because her ordered the wrong size and yes should have set a higher starting price.can't get him to respond to me to get them

Been there a number of times and have done 4000+ transactions through eBay/Paypal. Always been able to file and claim and get a speedy complete refund.

The shitty part is that often you loose out on another option in the meantime and end up waiting longer for something else to come along..

Do what you have to do.

I have 3 steps if something like this happens.

1st; Notify the seller, (through ebay), and ask for the item, stating the payment date and giving then a time frame for an answer, 5 days.

2nd; If no reply, and being nice about it, state "I haven't heard from you so i am going to stop my payment, through paypal and file a complaint with eBay. I do not want to do this because i am sure your an honest person and any complaint is going to affect your standing and feedback. Plesae contact me withing 5 days from this notice.

3rd; Make the complaints through Paypal and eBay. It does go on his record

Its a pain in the arse but if it is not done then they will do it to someone else and then your rant here is just that, a rant without substance. I love a good rant :thumbsup:

Did you send it paypal? I contested a seller once who was stonewalling me, by putting in a claim to paypal. They froze his account on the spot until it was settled, and that took a matter of minutes to wake his ass up.

yea I filed a clame with e-bay so I can't with pay-pal (pay-pal said it was filed with e-bay and waiting on the gut to respond ) I find out tomarow what happens the guy has not replyed to me or e-bay

They'll just start a new account with a different name. I only buy from top rated sellers as they don't like complaints . And always check with Amazon. I have saved a lot of $ buying car parts thru Amazon. Bought ecm ( electronic control module) for $15. That was the exactly the same in the car. The auto part stores here wanted $70 for some cheap Chinese crap. It pays to shop around if you can wait a week for the parts to arrive in the mail. More like 4 days. But don't order parts that come from far away. Like Hong Kong. Could take a month.

Ugh,
eBay really is a crap shoot sometimes. I bought a control pod that was supposed to be functioning, but it was all oxidized and rusted inside. Luckily, I was able to use it for parts to repair my pod, so I'm not feeling too burned by the sale.
On the other hand, I'm pretty steamed at a forum member who offered an item for sale at a fair price, sent me his paypal address, and then contacted me again to tell me he decided that he wanted more money for the item...

I hate ebay some times(ok most of the time ) if ppl don't know how to use ebay they should not tri to sell on it I bought a set of 7/8 biltwell kung foo grips free shipping
for $4.69 new in the box guy said he orderd the wrong ones now he won't ship them
or even anwser any questens from me or e-bay I sure the shipping will cost more than I paid. sorry not my fault if he would have emailed me I would have paid shipping. cause they went too cheep he did not set a min price. I bid 10 bucks to start they sold for 4.69 I paided 10 min after the closing now I waiting on grips that may never come,it now a week after the day it said I would get them so pissed off right now, do I order from someone else or just wait ohhh did I say there for my build off bike that I now have to reseal and repaint the tank has not been a good week sorry I just needed to vent.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
................ hi guys my very first ebay buy was for 4 cheap digital watches for something like 13bucks plus delivery,,, 4 weeks later i emailed her about my buy 2 weeks later i got a bag of smashed watches in the mail,,so i learnt a lesson but i did learn from that i also left crap feedback at least i felt better regards oldbiker

A few bad apples. Money back or good parts is a good thing. I bought a set of carbs and the seller said he couldn't find them and refunded my money. Since he E-mailed me quickly I saw no reason to leave bad feedback. The worse thing was my credit card number was stolen from PayPal. The Capital One fraud squad caught this because of the amount and the purchases didn't match my buying pattern. Not shure if they caught the thief but they saved my ass big-time. No out of pocket cost to me. I still buy from the internet but buyer beware.

I have two EBAY stores and only use one but charged for two and I do sell a lot and the new game on ebay is these STARTER COMPANYS. I just had some problems with one. They are company's that have NO STOCK in house they list from book of parts that sell to them. There is about 8 warehouses in the US that you can buy from. I just ordered a Hayabusa starter from one good price but FREE shipping and you can't upgrade shipping because it starts out UPS from the warehouse then switches to USPS so the tracking you get is no good after the first day. Well the first package is in USPS hell and was said it was delivered last SAT. WRONG!!!! Never got it. Now post office says delivered and UPS says went to USPS HAHA!!!! Well I called direct to company and they next day aired me out another one and I said when and if the other one shows up I will send it back. The guy on the phone said NO if it shows up keep it there is no RETURN POLICY ???????? WHAT!!!!!
So you can tell these Starter Company's just look at the feedback they sell everything from houseware to motorcycle parts. VERY WEIRD!!!!
Now as far as EBAY goes if you have a problem even if the 7 days are not gone by from what they want....DON'T email PAYPAL call on the phone talk to a person and they have to look into it. Ask for there name and supervisor that makes them crazy. I have had things fixed in two days of bogas sale.:thumbsup:

Back