Ebay listing ideas

Squishman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
When do you guys think the best day and time of day to start/end a 7 day auction? I was thinking a Thursday night or Sunday dinnertime. Friday and or Saturday, some folks might be out and about, not necessarily on their computers, although folks have phones, but they aren't thinking primarily about going online. Then I have to decide on a starting $$. Maybe start lower with a reserve is a possibility. I know that that is an extra cost, but still.

Auctions are pacific time. Sunday evening was my favorite.
I don't think a FB profile matters on an ebay auction. Have you been advertising on FB?
If it's a nice piece bring a trailer or Hemmings?

Auctions are pacific time. Sunday evening was my favorite.
I don't think a FB profile matters on an ebay auction. Have you been advertising on FB?
If it's a nice piece bring a trailer or Hemmings?
"Feedback" profile. Not facebook profile. So it should matter! I had the bike on facebook Marketplace. Several inquiries, no one serious. 3000 views in less than a week. I pulled the ad.
I don't understand "bring a trailer or Hemmings". I am selling, not buying.

"Feedback" profile. Not facebook profile. So it should matter! I had the bike on facebook Marketplace. Several inquiries, no one serious. 3000 views in less than a week. I pulled the ad.
I don't understand "bring a trailer or Hemmings". I am selling, not buying.
I think ebay for vehicles is waning.
If you relate those venues to buying, then.......

If anyone has a second to critique the text of my ad that I will be posting this weekend, or possibly tonight, here is a rough draft. Too much info? Missing anything?
"1980 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker with street tires. Brand new rear tire. 19" Rear Wheel conversion kit. Approx $2500 on engine work alone. Engine mods include: 750 big bore kit (750cc cylinders, not bored out). XS performance cam. Custom exhaust (with removeable DB killer in slip-on if you like it loud). Extra oil capacity. New valve seals. Head mildly ported. New cam chain and guide. 34 mm Mikuni carb kit. Brand new oil change. Brand new AGM Battery. Custom fabricated exhaust from aircraft exhaust. Custom frame mod for Osmars fiberglass rear tail section. New rear master cylinder. New alternator stator. Electronic ignition. Intake air filters freshly cleaned and re-oiled. Approx 1200 miles on engine build. Runs very good. Front brake lever has brake light switch and contacts for the brake light, but it is not hooked up. The rear brake light is hooked up. This motorcycle has approximately 8,700 miles on it. 1,270 miles since the engine modifications. I do not have the original speedometer. Has key start switch, like a car. Clean title. Lisc plate has current tab. I have the paint code if you want to paint the front fender to complete the Kenny Roberts' color scheme."

Here is an extremely short video that will go on the ad. Just so folks can hear the tamed down sound. If the DB killer is removed then it is loooouuud. Some folks might like that however.

I would wait to first or second ... third week in May when the weather makes test driving more enjoyable and
People being more interested in bikes.
Aiming for deal done before second week July

I would wait to first or second ... third week in May when the weather makes test driving more enjoyable and
People being more interested in bikes.
Aiming for deal done before second week July
I'd like to part with it sooner though. Test driving might be a moot point, unless a bidder lives in the area.

Based on what you know about ebay sales, how far and away might an enthusiastic bidder bid from? I suppose anywhere if he has the means to hire transportation. Or could be the 5-state area or slightly farther if they bring a trailer. Or ride it home too! Maybe someone might fly in and ride it home. Not the most practical bike for that however.
btw, that reminds me: I need to put that in the ad that the winning bidder is 100% responsible for hiring transportation or whatever.

Back