Ebay listing ideas

Based on what you know about ebay sales, how far and away might an enthusiastic bidder bid from? I suppose anywhere if he has the means to hire transportation. Or could be the 5-state area or slightly farther if they bring a trailer. Or ride it home too! Maybe someone might fly in and ride it home. Not the most practical bike for that however.
btw, that reminds me: I need to put that in the ad that the winning bidder is 100% responsible for hiring transportation or whatever.
You have a specialty item looking for a buyer. It's all anyone's guess.

Based on what you know about ebay sales, how far and away might an enthusiastic bidder bid from? I suppose anywhere if he has the means to hire transportation. Or could be the 5-state area or slightly farther if they bring a trailer. Or ride it home too! Maybe someone might fly in and ride it home. Not the most practical bike for that however.
btw, that reminds me: I need to put that in the ad that the winning bidder is 100% responsible for hiring transportation or whatever.
It might be different in the US But there can be bids
Cash I give you $ 20 Not sure about the translation " Bid of Shame " do you call it Low Balling
Speculating in that the seller needs the money the same day Paying a fraction of the price
If one wants a + 50 years old bike .I don't think any serious buyer is paying a good price without inspection and test drive it
The bigger the risk the lower the price.
A sale can be a process .. Sinking in Bids will always come but typically low if not seen or inspected the bike.

It might be different in the US But there can be bids
Cash I give you $ 20 Not sure about the translation " Bid of Shame " do you call it Low Balling
Speculating in that the seller needs the money the same day Paying a fraction of the price
If one wants a + 50 years old bike .I don't think any serious buyer is paying a good price without inspection and test drive it
The bigger the risk the lower the price.
A sale can be a process .. Sinking in Bids will always come but typically low if not seen or inspected the bike.
It used to be where a winning bidder could pay a deposit on Paypal (like say $500 or whatever your parameters were) and then pay the balance upon pickup. But now, I do not know how it works with eBay now doing all of the transactions in house. I was looking at some motorcycle listings and no one seems to have those kind of parameters anymore. I will probably say something like "winning bidder to pay 100% of purchase within 7 days".

I just listed it to go live at 8:30 tonight (Thursday). I paid extra for the 10 day auction. Thought that that might be worthwhile. I post a link after it goes live. I appreciate your help above on tweaks and what-not! I wanted to start it lower and have a reserve, but there is no reserve option anywhere that I could find. That's fine. Reserve is an added fee or at least it was when they had the option.

"1980 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker with street tires. Brand new rear tire. 19" Rear Wheel conversion kit. Approx $2500 on engine work alone. Engine mods include: 750 big bore kit (750cc cylinders, not bored out). XS performance cam. Custom exhaust (with removeable DB killer in slip-on if you like it loud). Extra oil capacity. New valve seals. Head mildly ported. New cam chain and guide. 34 mm Mikuni carb kit. Brand new oil change. Brand new AGM Battery. Custom fabricated exhaust from aircraft exhaust. Custom frame mod for Osmars fiberglass rear tail section. New rear master cylinder. New alternator stator. Electronic ignition. Intake air filters freshly cleaned and re-oiled. Approx 1200 miles on engine build. Runs very good. Front brake lever has brake light switch and contacts for the brake light, but it is not hooked up. The rear brake light is hooked up. This motorcycle has approximately 8,700 miles on it. 1,270 miles since the engine modifications. I do not have the original speedometer. Has key start switch, like a car. Clean title. Lisc plate has current tab. I have the paint code if you want to paint the front fender to complete the Kenny Roberts' color scheme."

Don't write one paragraph. Itemize in a list. years ago i read an advice article from a seller. There is a fine line between to much information and not enough, he also said it is better to have less than to much information that clutters up the add. Make a person interested with relevant information without resorting to making up a long list of unnecessary things or words

Street tracker. 1980 Yamaha XS650.
1200 miles on rebuild and work performed
750 Big bore kit with XS performance cam, Head ports cleaned up,
New valve seals, Cam chain and front guide.
Omars 19" rear wheel conversion kit.
Omars Rear tail section
Custom exhaust with removable baffle
Good Rubber, new tyre on rear
34mm Carbs, cleaned and jetted for bike.
New AGM Battery
New Rear Master-cylinder
New stator, Charges to ## volts at 3000 revs
Converted to Key Start.

Maintainence
Fresh oil change and air-filters cleaned and oiled

All electrics work, Except the front brake switch needs to be connected.........................Question as a buyer thinking to myself. Spent all that money on the bike yet hasn't connected the front brake light.....?????? such a simple thing, why not ????

Clean title current Tab.

Bike is tuned and runs well.

No mention of the condition of chain/sprockets

"1980 Yamaha XS650 Street Tracker with street tires. Brand new rear tire. 19" Rear Wheel conversion kit. Approx $2500 on engine work alone. Engine mods include: 750 big bore kit (750cc cylinders, not bored out). XS performance cam. Custom exhaust (with removeable DB killer in slip-on if you like it loud). Extra oil capacity. New valve seals. Head mildly ported. New cam chain and guide. 34 mm Mikuni carb kit. Brand new oil change. Brand new AGM Battery. Custom fabricated exhaust from aircraft exhaust. Custom frame mod for Osmars fiberglass rear tail section. New rear master cylinder. New alternator stator. Electronic ignition. Intake air filters freshly cleaned and re-oiled. Approx 1200 miles on engine build. Runs very good. Front brake lever has brake light switch and contacts for the brake light, but it is not hooked up. The rear brake light is hooked up. This motorcycle has approximately 8,700 miles on it. 1,270 miles since the engine modifications. I do not have the original speedometer. Has key start switch, like a car. Clean title. Lisc plate has current tab. I have the paint code if you want to paint the front fender to complete the Kenny Roberts' color scheme."

Don't write one paragraph. Itemize in a list. years ago i read an advice article from a seller. There is a fine line between to much information and not enough, he also said it is better to have less than to much information that clutters up the add. Make a person interested with relevant information without resorting to making up a long list of unnecessary things or words

Street tracker. 1980 Yamaha XS650.
1200 miles on rebuild and work performed
750 Big bore kit with XS performance cam, Head ports cleaned up,
New valve seals, Cam chain and front guide.
Omars 19" rear wheel conversion kit.
Omars Rear tail section
Custom exhaust with removable baffle
Good Rubber, new tyre on rear
34mm Carbs, cleaned and jetted for bike.
New AGM Battery
New Rear Master-cylinder
New stator, Charges to ## volts at 3000 revs
Converted to Key Start.

Maintainence
Fresh oil change and air-filters cleaned and oiled

All electrics work, Except the front brake switch needs to be connected.........................Question as a buyer thinking to myself. Spent all that money on the bike yet hasn't connected the front brake light.....?????? such a simple thing, why not ????

Clean title current Tab.

Bike is tuned and runs well.

No mention of the condition of chain/sprockets
Thx for the tips man! I altered it. You copied from my rough draft though. Not from the ad. So some of that wasn't on there. Anyway, it does look better now. And I had forgotten to mention the new chain and sprockets!

Thank you for posting this thread it is interesting
Se what happens
As I mentioned given the climate here I believe there would be more interested bidders one month later. here is 5 C now
Getting more money

Back