1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Site Down 12/11/19: I took the site down this afternoon for maintenance. Things went wrong, but everything is fixed and working again now. Sorry for the inconvenience! Discussion
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Electrical Diagram Help - Minimal Push Start Diagram

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Surfrat28, May 7, 2018.

1. Surfrat28

Surfrat28 XS650 Enthusiast

Hey I am completing my 80 XS650 and I am adding a small push start button to the mix. My bike is bored out to the 707cc kit and I have had it kick back too many times for me to continue. Already have a bad leg and do not want to risk making it worse. I have modified a diagram that I have found and wanted the groups opinion before I cut all my wires and try to run it this way. Please I mean no offense to the original person that made this electrical diagram I am using the set up that I currently have on my XS650.

Any help or input would be awesome and appreciated! Wiring Diagram.jpg

2. peterg

peterg XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Canada
    Typically the solenoid ground wire is switched. Run the power to the solenoid. Run the ground wire to the switch and from the switch to ground.

Jim likes this.
  3. You can do it either way. If you are using stock handle bar switch then you use the ground from the solenoid but if you are putting in your own two pin push switch then you can break the positive (12 volts) wire and that will work also. I have done it both ways many times and have even used a key car switch to start bike. If you are still stuck contact me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM and we can talk on phone if you need that.
    RICH

4. Surfrat28

Thank you for the tip.

5. Surfrat28

Thank you! I appreciate the help! I am installing a mini switch button and one on/off switch and kill switch. If I run into anything ill contact you!

6. Surfrat28

Not sure if this will work but thank you for everyone that helped with the advise on the wiring diagram!!

TwoManyXS1Bs likes this.