Electrical (mess) question

BBQRider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me lazy but I wanted to keep the electric start on my bike as part of the build. So I had my local metal guys build this box for me for the battery and other components. So as I piece the wiring (small mess) back together is there anything that is not totally necessary that can be eliminated. Or upgraded to simplify anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IMG_5091.jpg

In the "Some Wiring Diagrams" thread I like #4, It shows a basic points set with the separate regulator/rectifier, In boxes they have the later TCI and combo reg/rec. Just swap boxes to match what you have.
On the E-start, it's in the upper right corner.
Leo

A word of caution - some of your electrical components, the reg/rec unit in particular, need cooling air flow. Sticking them in that sealed box probably isn't a good idea.

Thanks for the word of caution 5twins. I am new to this and appreciate the seasoned insight. I will say I am planning to leave the reg/rec unit in its original
location and the "box" fortunately has openings to it for air flow. Not that I knew it needed it but rather just by design. I got lucky on that one I guess!

Back