162.6 KB · Views: 100
  • cdi box.jpg
    cdi box.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 112
It does matter what harness you have 6 pin or 7 pin
What to trade ?????? Need Parts???
When was the last time it was used?
INTERESTED!!!

Honistly , I don't know what direction I'm gonna go yet with my project, its just to soon to tell, My build is based on a 78 650 , but the motor is a 81, the 81 was a whole bike, pretty much its a rolling frame w/o title now. the 78 has a clean title, runs, but has a rod knock. I might split the harness into a 2 part harness ?, I might just use the harness that came with the 81, I might convert the 81 to points ?,,, when I figure it out I will post what I have going on. 1 thing I have discovered is those motors seem to weigh more than they did 30 yrs ago ! , I bought my first 650 for 150. bucks , I was in my early 20's, I'll be 50 in less than a month, I also have a sx 750, and a sx 1100 , but nothing brings back the memorys like mounting that 650 !!!, I like the power of the other 2 bikes , but I really like the way the 650 fits , maybe next year I will try to make a 750 feel like a 650, ! ,, and bolt up a 1100 motor just for the extra horse's ,,, I just don't know. What I do know is I'm glad I have this forum to go to for help !!! , Last time I did a motor swap I was nerves , not so this time around !!!, Thanks , Bruce

does the year of the bike matter when your replaceing the elec ign box ?, I was told it does matter on a xs1100, that's why I ask.

yes it does but it can be used my 81 had a 6 wire, the box was broken so I got one from febay and the asshole sent me the wrong one and would not make it wright but that not the point(yes ebay sucks some times) some one on here helped me and gave me a wiring diagram to switch the wires around to make it work and its still running today,and has been for for 5 years now. :bike:

Back