Engine Gaskets...

WindLvr

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I decided to tear into my engine yesterday just to make sure everything was copasetic. I started tearing her down and the first thing to go was the oil tube. It disentegrated as I started to loosen up all the bolts. Damn there is part number one to buy. :doh: Ugh...

So it starts to get better. This was supposed to be a bike that the PO rode all last year it just leaked a "little" oil. HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! There was only one, I repeat, ONE gasket on the entire engine!!! :wtf: No base gasket, no head gasket, no o-rings, nothing! The only gasket to be found was the one on the right side case. And that case is cracked and warped. :banghead: I am sooooo glad I decided to do the teardown, and make some necessary modifications. Not sure if I am going to do a rephase. I want to do the PMA, and the PamcoPete ignition swap. The elephant ear rockers seem a viable option as well. Plus every gasket there is!!!

I also found the oil dipstick in the bottom end when I separated the cases. The crank is solid and true, and the transmission is perfect. It all just needs to be cleaned up. I guess the good thing is I won't have to spend hours scraping old gaskets!! lmao

Little lie! lmao....there is nothing little about this one that's for sure! I love building engines or I might be a little upset!

When I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, the PO on mine told me over the phone that it ran like a champ. When got there and started it, it was popping and basically running on one cylinder. The "previous owner" syndrome is everywhere.

Back