Ever see exhausts like these?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I poached these photos from Instagram. These bikes are in Japan, there is a huge vintage bike scene there, anyways these look straight off a Triumph TR6 scrambler and a BSA Hornet. I think they look very cool. They are probably handmade if I had to guess.
4443D41F-B28D-41A3-81B4-EDA67A31B427.jpeg
BD9A1C3D-1E86-4A6B-9402-7DBFDE0E1944.jpeg
7DBFD9E8-9D1B-4CC3-A911-FDBDBCAF3EC0.jpeg
DDCFDC9F-B6E2-4615-BE8D-D58BBE763F4B.jpeg
A229743D-CB53-4736-A834-CE5893981453.jpeg

I like the set on the green bike. I thought about something similar but couldn’t get past clearance issues with the dipstick. I don’t weld, so my fabrication skills are pretty limited.

Green bike has the most visually appealing pipes in my opinion.
One beautiful aspect of parallel twins is the visual symmetry.
I'm not seeing any passenger pegs on that yellow bike either ?
My vote ? Don't do it Mailman !

I`m the biggest sucker for a pair of High Pipes there is, but the ones on the gold bike (IMHO) have a very abrupt bend at the mounting flange and the right side pipe is behind the frame lower and they are a little too long for my taste. Pipes on the green bike are way cooler. Drum front brakes on both bikes look great!:thumbsup:

Strange, my dip stick is on the right side.

The green bike has one pipe on each side. A high pipe on the right side will interfere with checking your dipstick unless there is some real crafty fab work done.

I will testify as a witness, those rubber "fingers" on a Honda will save your ass at low speed when leaving the sidestand down. I don't know how they work, but they work when worn down past the inspection line, curled up, and hardened up.

Scott
Rubber fingers? Please tell me more. I was going to epoxy a piece of mountain bike tire under the foot of the stand.

Google "honda cb360 side stand" for pics...

Honda used that same rubber "safety" part on every Honda that I've ever owned. I thought I had a lifetime supply of them once, that was before my lifetime supply was taken from me piece by piece. One of my brother-in-laws needed one after they were gone, that bike was crashed after leaving a rest area with the side stand down, he left the bike at the towing company's property, never to be seen again.

Scott

Marlin had one, his first motocross bike. Yeah, heavy, but a great work out throwing it around. As a result, when he got a 250 Suzuk as his next racing bike he was stronger and better and wound up being a top rider in the circuit.

Back