Everyday ride in Rhode Island

mikethedruid

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1981 XS650H is my everyday driver bike. I use it for all my errands and shopping unless the weather is too bad, or the load is too big to carry on the bike. You'll find me on it all year 'round unless there is ice and snow on the ground. I own two other bikes as well, a 1952 Panhead Harley chopper that I built myself, and a 1950 Indian Arrow I have owned since I got out of the Navy in 1972. I love all my bikes, but I ride the Yamaha the most, basically because it is very reliable, and also because it is a "sleeper" and I can park it and shop in places I would never leave the Harley.

YEAH!!! DAMNIT PICTURES!!!

Maybe I've seen you around? I've only seen one XS in RI besides mine, I think it was red, matching hard saddle bags. Going down Killingly Street in Johnston.

I did post some pics of me in the pictures section under Mikethedruid"s Rhode Island Rat. My bike is black, and I usually run a pair of black, leather, throw over bags on it to put stuff in when I go shopping. I often ride down Killingly Street. I live on Smith Street, in Providence, near the North Providence line. Maybe this can be the start of the Rhode Island XS650 owners getting together for fun and mutual support.

http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/270/

i,ve seen you on miniralspring .ave I tried to get your attention but lots of trafic.yup your bike was full of daily shopping supplys too. your not far from me then Im at the end of killingly.st just off waterman. couple mile from smith.st

Hate to break your heart, but thats an Indian only in name. It's just a British Royal Enfield that was imported and the Indian name painted on.

Shows that you are no historian of Indian, XSLeo. The Arrow, model 149, as well as the Scout, model 249, and the Warrior which evolved from the 249, were all made in Springfield, Massachusetts. It was not until 1951 that production basically stopped in the U.S. After that no more of the "vertical Indians" were made in Springfield, and only 1 small run of V twin Chiefs was made, a very small one, in 1953, for the N.Y.P.D.

Back