Sold / Found / Inactive - Exhaust for 77

I am looking for a stock exhaust...just got this 77 and it has a good two into one ... maybe we could just trade with cash added depending on which is nicer.
Let ime know if interested. Joe

Stock exhausts (mufflers to be specific) are not easy to come by, particularly in good condition. Having said that, nothing sounds nicer on an XS650 than the stock exhaust - IMO. I continually get comments from my CVMG riding buddies about how much they like the sound of Lucille's (1976 XS650C) standard exhaust.

In short, if somebody needs one and somebody has one and they can get together, that is a really positive thing and a massive win for this forum.

Pete

Sure wish one of you would post a sound video of stock 76-79 Standard mufflers?
Here are 79 mufflers.. they sound nice too but not as nice.

im sorry for my ignorance... apparently I dont have a stock exhaust. this is whats on the bike.. I just assumed it was stock since everything else is
D2CFFFBF-50D7-4AB2-8C40-60D941217197.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Yes, you show the original head pipes. They are double wall. If the inner tube is in good un rusty condition, I'd keep em. Finding mufflers to fit to them can be another challenge.
Nice Bike :cool:

Thanks for the pic. Yes, you show the original head pipes. They are double wall. If the inner tube is in good un rusty condition, I'd keep em. Finding mufflers to fit to them can be another challenge.
Nice Bike :cool:
Thank you

I am looking for a stock exhaust...just got this 77 and it has a good two into one ... maybe we could just trade with cash added depending on which is nicer.
Let ime know if interested. Joe
Looking for an exhaust for my bike. Located in nyc. Thank you

I have a solid full original exhaust from a 77 XS750. I'm not sure if they swap over or not.

The XS750 Is a triple - the 650 is a twin. I don’t think that there are any parts in common at all.

Back