Exhaust Source Problem

Limpy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a 2 into 1 exhaust for my 1980 xs650-SG, my first choices were either Mike's XS or Gordon Scott. Both well spoken of and $300 or less. I already have a Supertrapp muffler.

I have been checking Mike's website since last November or so and they have been out of stock. A couple of e-mail inquiries and I found out they lost their overseas manufacturer and I should check back in a couple of months.

Gordon Scott Engineering does beautiful work and is praised on this site often. His 2 into 1 looks great, however the message at Contact is: "Contact We are not taking orders at this time, sorry for the inconvenience." Unfortunate for me but good for him, good work means more work and he is apparently very busy.

The only other option I have seen is Mac. I really don't have confidence in them and I have heard very little of them on this site.

I have a couple of outside chances, I have a friend in Canada and the Canadian version of Mike's has the exhaust in stock. I suppose I could also try to find a used one but I would rather not.

So, what do you think?

You may wish to review what 5twins says about 2-into-1 exhaust systems on XS650s in post #6 to thread above entitled "Weak Midrange RPMs. Loss of "pull"...goes flat".

Back