Exhaust Wrap Silicone coating color question...

Kups650

wally
Reaction score
Ok, I want to use the DEI titanium wrap since it sounds like Black looses its color. The problem is that all of the sprays are colored, white - black - copper, but no clear.

I want to make sure that the pipes dont rust underneath......

Any sources out there for my color dilema?:confused:

Coat the pipes before you wrap them. If you want to head up to NOVA I have some hi temp black ceramic powder left from doing my pipes.

Thanks man, I suppose coating the pipes only would be fine then.

I do appreciate the offer!! I don't think i can make it that far south for a bit....

It's only an hour. If you want to ship them. I'd be happy to shoot em for ya are these the pandamonium pipes?

If you use the silicone spray, be prepared for a bit of smoke when they first get hot...

I'm still air'ing out the basement after starting mine up for the first time this week.

Rich

Ok, I want to use the DEI titanium wrap since it sounds like Black looses its color. The problem is that all of the sprays are colored, white - black - copper, but no clear.

I want to make sure that the pipes dont rust underneath......

Any sources out there for my color dilema?:confused:

Having this same problem. DEI pisses me off for doing this stupid crap. :wtf: It makes no sense what so ever not to offer clear. I ordered the white spray, but I really dont want to paint my wraps white. I really like the look now and dont want to ruin it. I did spray the pipes with hi heat spray before wraping but not powder coated. I dont think the hi temp paint will protect against water for too long. Any other options discovered?

Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMAG0738.jpg
    IMAG0738.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 101
Back