Facebook is a pain in the ass!

Here's (one of) what we're talkin' about....

Untitledz.png

Click on it and it takes you to a fake Home Depot site.
89 bucks for a scooter from Home Depot....
It's bullshit. Facebook can and should do better

Untitledzz.png

Every time I get on FB I wind up reporting a half dozen or more ads. It really is getting stupid there....
$400 Ebikes.... 59 bucks delivered. Maybe if people weren't so stupid?
Nah... that's lettin' FB off the hook. Maybe if the algorithms weren't so stupid?
Nah... that's lettin' the programmers off the hook. Stupid effin' programmers.
Now, now, you're working yourself into a tiz there. I quite enjoy facebook, lots of groups about lots of topics, a lot of silly personalities, particularly the ones with nothing on their page except pictures of themselves pulling faces or pics of the food they're eating. Oh no, here I am being intolerant again!

Intolerant? Nah... you're just bein' a dick again... but then, we've come to expect that from you. so....
Ah, we're back to to that again! We should merge this thread with the younger generation one I started. Seems everyone here likes a free for all!

And you said I couldn't let it go. It's getting funnier by the minute here.
Look I have to go out the the shop to do a bit of works, so I'll be absent for a while. Continue on though, I'll catch up when I come in for dinner. i might even have some pics I can post so I can tell you how great and wonderful I are, hold your breaths.

Every time I get on FB I wind up reporting a half dozen or more ads. It really is getting stupid there....
$400 Ebikes.... 59 bucks delivered. Maybe if people weren't so stupid?
Nah... that's lettin' FB off the hook. Maybe if the algorithms weren't so stupid?
Nah... that's lettin' the programmers off the hook. Stupid effin' programmers.
Nah that's letting Zuckerberg off the hook, stupid f'n gazillionaires that own media empires.

Last edited:
Ever since Craigslist started charging to post vehicle ads, a lot of people switched to Facebook Marketplace. A lot of times when I follow a link to a motorcycle ad on Facebook, it won’t show the listing unless you sign into Facebook. If I do manage to get on to Facebook Marketplace, it will time me out after so many minutes. So I resigned myself to creating an account. I had one a bunch of years ago and decided it wasn’t for me and I closed the account. Anyways I created an account, put no information in my profile, switched on every privacy option they had and I was on my way.

A couple hours later I tried going on it And I get a message that my account has been deactivated because I violated their policy. What the hell? I didn’t do anything! Now I can’t look at the Marketplace ads even though I’m not signed in, it somehow instantly recognizes me and reminds me that my account has been deactivated for the protection of other users.

I swear I hate social media
Mad The Simpsons GIF
With you there Bob. I also hate Faceache, Titter & Instasham Etc.....
How the Youff of today manage it I have no idea. And the Youff fink Faceache is for us 'old' people!
What a load of old tosh👎

I’ve actually had good luck with Marketplace, buying and selling. It’s no different than the turds you deal with on CL. I figure about 70% BS, 20% tire kickers, 8% wafflers and 2% are actually serious and looking. I cleaned out a storage last year that had been a sore subject for me with the rest of the family that was basically just storing things there that they didn’t really want but didn’t want to part with. LSS it filled up my garage and within a month of listing everything the garage was cleaned out and the few items that were lingering were donated. I’ve had good luck finding parts and tools so I suppose as with anything if you use basic common sense it works. The old saying if it looks too good to be true, it probably is BS always applies. I did make an acct with my dogs name, a throw down email and basic info that was approved. The only thing they did was they wouldn’t let me post more than a few items at first until they could verify that it was a legitimate sellers acct. Everything has a workaround if you just look for it.

I use my wife’s Facebook to search the marketplace. Only probably is the guy who never sleeps buys everything I am interested in two seconds after it’s posted.

Back