Failed Caswell tank sealer?????

jonboy-xsbobber

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi I tryed to coat my new tank with Caswell tank sealer and I must have messed it up and not gotten a full coverage about a week after I reinstalled my tank I looked inside and the gas got in between the sealant and the tank wall. I was just wondering if I can run it like that or if it will effect my carbs or engine in any way?????

I used the Caswell sealer on an XS 750 tank I have on my 650. Two year later, no problems. I had Kreem in my Harley tank with no problems for over 6 years with no problems when it did finally start coming apart. Prep is everything.
jefft

Yeah it was my first attempt at anything like this I know it was me not the product I just want to know if it will effect my carbs since it has failed ( I have failed) or if I can run it like it is

Most likely it will eventually start flaking and clog your filters if you ar running them. Read up on what is used to dis-solve the liner and re-do. Just my opinion.

Yeah I planed on doing that at the end of the season I'm just hurting not having a bike on the road and I'm over budget already and the trip to ohio is next month. I think I'm just going to buy Afew filters and strip it this fall
Unless this is a terrible idea?
Thanks for the replys

redo the tank.. caswell is good stuff but you must follow each step.. I don't know
but you may have to remove the old caswell first. you can redo it with red kote I know it will cover the old stuff

Last edited:
Back