Finally Found a Lower Side Cover

From my profile pics, increase the screen size to 150% and look at the lower side cover.
full

Yeah, that's what I was asking....it looks like you're missing them. You need them to properly secure the lower side covers.

I think I'm in good shape Scott. Took a look today and I have those brackets. The ultimate test will be when the parts arrive from the guy from craigslist as well as the lower right side that gggGary is sending me (Gary, you are awesome). I'm just excited to finish off the bike. Maybe after this riding season I'll tear her apart and do a better restoration. Right now I'm just glad to be getting 50 MPG with the bike as opposed to 16 or 17MPG with my truck.

Just noticed today that my left side upper cover is cracked where it secures to the upper rear grommet. I just super glued the crack and I'm backing it with some Loctite (similar to JB weld) for strength. I'll throw a quick coat of black paint on the back just to get rid of the grey color and put it back on tomorrow.

Turns out I am indeed all set for the two lower covers (I do indeed have the appropriate brackets near the foot pegs). The left side cover from Gary arrived yesterday. Went on perfectly. The right side cover arrived today. Again, perfect installation. Feels good to have the bike buttoned up now and ready to ride. Although I am in the middle of looking for zerk fittings but that is in another thread right now.

Back