Finally, I'm Going Back To Work

Great pitch, but my question is, since it is reusable, is there a chance of a hazerdous chemical reaction between a previous spill and another one? Ie; your customer spills some amonia.. "Damn. Fortunately I just bought this product!" while grabbing the product, the dolt knocks over his nearby bottle of bleach. "Damn again! Oh well... At least this product is reusable..."

The scenario is highly unlikely, but just a thought.

Great pitch, but my question is, since it is reusable, is there a chance of a hazerdous chemical reaction between a previous spill and another one? Ie; your customer spills some amonia.. "Damn. Fortunately I just bought this product!" while grabbing the product, the dolt knocks over his nearby bottle of bleach. "Damn again! Oh well... At least this product is reusable..."

The scenario is highly unlikely, but just a thought.

I asked the same question. It's reusable but it's not reusable. The ammonia picked up the first time stays trapped inside the product causing it to swell. Once it has swollen it will no longer absorb anything else. The user then sifts the used product through a screen so that the swollen product is trapped and the smaller unused product can be reused on the spilled bleach preventing the release of toxic ammonia-chloride gas.

At least, that's how I understand it.

As for how unlikely that scenario is... An old girlfriend of mine almost killed herself one night when she managed to spill ammonia and bleach while cleaning up in a restaurant after hours... She spilled one, reached for the mop and knocked over the other... Believe me, I wasn't dating her because of her brains.

They also have grades they sell only to manufacturers of liquid filters that allow one liquid to pass while trapping other liquids.

I'm hanging out in Williston, ND., where you can turn a CDL into $100,000 in one year without any hassle...

Back