Finally starting to get put together

Alphaogre

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well finally after 2 years of gathering parts its time to start putting them all together. Found the the frame with a Lowbrow hard tail for $300! With registration and! license plate, here in California thats a big deal!:D

Anyway, that was the last thing since I stumbled upon the motor a couple years back so now here is all the stuff they are placed on for mock up.

Lowered the front end 3 inches.
lowered.jpg

headlight fabbed and mounted...
image2.jpg

Fender...needs to be mounted but should work fine.
image1.jpg

head on with the head light and all.
headon.jpg

mocked up with the motor in...
image3.jpg

Next a bracket to re-mount the break piston to be able to run the large rotor. Also, ordered a oil tank to use as a fake to hide the battery and what not. Also, going to re-do the exhaust want it to tuck in along the motor over the gear portion and down to the back, then that will be wrapped. I got the points conversion kit from mikes xs to not use the dreaded black box people seem to be telling me to avoid. Also going to pint the motor and wheels black as well.

Any tips or tricks are welcomed...

Yea, I got the tires specifically for the bike, they were the cheapest old looking tires I found. $120 for both with free shipping.

The light looked way to low mounted on the lower portion of the triple tree. Also I think having the headlight higher makes the rest of the bike seem more slammed down since everything is lower then the headlight im going to put a leather tool bag under it to help fill that void. Im working on a springer in the mean time, so im just using these forks so I can get things moving along. An engineer buddy of mine is helping me develop one in solid works then we we will try an build one.

The triple tree is from an xs but the fork front rim and breaks (not including the disk) are from a 77 goldwing.

The stretch on the hard tail is a 6 inch stretch. Which was another great aspect to the find since im 6'5".

With the headlight that high can you see over it? And in some states the headlight has to be below certain height. Might want to check that.
Leo

Yea, like I said I'm a pretty big guy so I can see over it easily. If I get pulled over it will be due to the strait pipes, no blinkers, vert licens plate (illegally painted black and yellow) or the off to one side tail light haha. In ca everything is illegal but when your little brother is in law enforcement, it helps, espeshally when he is building one too...

Back