Finding TDC for an idiot

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Sometimes when there is no one convenient I just confuse myself
I just had to walk away grab a cold one
I'll have the ignition wrenches Friday which will make the job just a little easier
Ya know once this is all done I might be promoted to Junior parts replacer

To confuse the issue further a lot of time I don't use a wrench on the actual adjuster. If I want .006 I use a .007 feller gauge then using my fingers run the adjuster down till snug. Then tighten nut while holding adjuster. Then check with a .006 feeler. Works for me. Does take a little practice. As for as TDC I use the marks the factory put on the rotor and stator.

I adjusting valves I quite over thinking it and it went fine after that the odd thing was I would adjust one side go to the other side and then rotate back to the other side and check the tolerances again and the left intake and right exhaust needed to be adjusted a few times to get it right
Time to tip a few with a friend and celebrate another easy task made harder by me
Thanks to you guys for being patient with me
Next up static ad

I adjusting valves I quite over thinking it and it went fine after that the odd thing was I would adjust one side go to the other side and then rotate back to the other side and check the tolerances again and the left intake and right exhaust needed to be adjusted a few times to get eres right
Time to tip a few with a friend and celebrate another easy task made harder by me
Thanks to you guys for being patient with me
Next up static ad
Static adjusting the points but there's an excellent video on that
Damn phone makes it a pain to type

Well, static timing will get you close, but it's not always 100% accurate. Best you check it afterwards with a timing light (engine running).

Back