Fire extinguisher

bosco659

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering who out there carries a fire extinguisher on their bike? Thinking it wouldn’t be a bad idea but limited space and vibration wouldn’t be great for the dry chemical models. I have a “high tech” extinguisher for the kitchen and my car and that might be a fit somewhere on the bike. No chemicals, non toxic, doesn’t leave messy residue. Only real downside is cost.

The garage and house also have 10lb ABC extinguishers too

Last edited:
5C03072A-4478-4C3E-82F7-2DD43E7F8203.jpeg

https://elementfire.com/

Yeah hanging around a fire burning under a tank of gasoline may not have a very good cost/benefit ratio.
Gotta say I have done it myself.
Several times while watching 2 feet of flame building above a V8 4 barrel carb; yelling at the guy in the car KEEP CRANKING it ! LOL.
(they would usually start up and suck in the flames)

Yeah hanging around a fire burning under a tank of gasoline may not have a very good cost/benefit ratio.
Gotta say I have done it myself.
Several times while watching 2 feet of flame building above a V8 4 barrel carb; yelling at the guy in the car KEEP CRANKING it ! LOL.
(they would usually start up and suck in the flames)
Been there, done that with the fire in the carb. Lol.

When I moved away from home after finishing school I rented a townhouse with a couple of buddies. Needed a project so I bought an old Suzuki 80 basket case. Got it put together in the basement and thought I should see if it ran before carrying it upstairs (starting a 2 stroke in the basement = Darwin Award). Added fuel, had a nice backfire and the bike was in flames. Started trying to beat the flames out with a blanket because I figured if I burned the townhouse complex down I’d be paying for it for the rest of my life. Luckily I put the fire out. The dumb things I did when I was younger. Maybe that’s where I got my obsession to have fire extinguishers around.

Back