First build, XS2 & TX650, need a little help

connor1

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
and yes I have a manual(but not xs2 specific). To bad the blow up diagram in the manual does not agree with my front wheel parts. I suspect that may have to do with the fact the front wheel is off a XS2..

The problem I am having is an extra 1/2 inch of space between the front forks(forks off the TX650). For some background, I found an old TX650 frame & parts and then came across a wrecked XS2. I know some parts don't swap, but many do and the engine on the XS2 runs really well. Engine went in fine, and the rear wheel is mounted, but putting the front wheel on is the current issue. I have mounted the caliper, but as you can see in the pics there is extra space outside of the speedo housing...this allows the hub to slide off the rotor (no they are not bolted together like the manual says). Trying to find a solution here...May have to get a pair of XS2 forks as it appears the later year 650 front suspension will not mate up with my pretty front wheel. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Front axle space.jpg
    Front axle space.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 113
Just spun the fork so the outboard side is now outboard. Same amount of space between the speedo and the fork. Without the spacer, about 1".

Back