First Post/ intro

Corys35

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hello all been creepin on this site for awhile now sounds like a good group of people and i have already learned so much. I got my 80 xs (atleast what the title said) for $700 it ran good didnt look the best but for the price i couldnt pass it up. I ordered my hardtail from tc bros had it put on and while workin on it i noticed the vin sticker said 79. I assumed it was a late 79 build and titled as an 80. I looked at the vin on the title which is for a 80 and it doesnt match the vin on the frame. the engine vin and frame both match but is a 79 and totally diff than the title vin. Ive tried to contact the people i got it from but they are playing dumb and wont help me out. anyone have any advise on what the heck i should do? ill throw some pics up here in a few

Caveat Emptor

Check the VIN to make sure it's not stolen

You probably have some valid claims to make in small claims court however IANAL.

2011-06-09_18-47-11_904.jpg

the day i got her

Welcome. It looks like you are out of luck, and bought a bike without a title. You can check with your state DMV and find out how to get a title.

Caveat Emptor

Check the VIN to make sure it's not stolen

You probably have some valid claims to make in small claims court however IANAL.

I have ran both vins on illinois dmv site and didnt come back stolen. I personally would like half my money back if its a parts bike now and i cant get a title.

Unless you can convince them to give you some money back, you will probably just to chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Unless you can convince them to give you some money back, you will probably just to chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Prob what it will come down to. Either way wasnt planning on getting rid of it anytime soon. Here it is as of today
2011-07-24_10-20-21_109.jpg

Will have alot of parts goin on ebay but would offer em here first if anyone needed them

Heres a pic of my other baby
2011-07-12_18-51-12_963.jpg

Back