first time doing a deal for a part

Travis B.

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey people. I'm in the process of purchasing a set of rims from someone in the states and I want to get them shipped to ogdensburgh ny. I live across the border so I think that's my best option. should I get the complete rims or the hubs only to save on weight and hoe exactly do I pay the dude.
Any help would be appreciated.

Paypal would be easiest and most secure for payment. These are XS650 wheels not so heavy just bulky, depends on what you need. What condition are the rims and spokes are you intending to rebuild any way?

Rims are no good without the hubs......................I guess it depends on where you intend to buy a set of spokes and rims if you don't buy a complete set of wheels.

Have you done a cost analysis on the difference between the postage from the States for a full set of wheels compared to just the hubs and rims and another source for the spokes, or the hubs and another source for the spokes and rims.............................

Hi Travis B,
shipping costs are secondary to convenience, eh?
It'll inconvenience the seller to dismantle the wheels and just ship the hubs
and it'll inconvenience you if the wheels were usable "as is" but you have to build the hubs into other spokes and rims.
PAYPAL works. I'm not set up for PAYPAL so what I do is mail the seller a US$ money order.
As to picking up the parts in the USA to avoid the customs hassle, that'd work if you live close enough to the border
and if you can persuade the customs Nazi that what you are bringing with you cost less than the day trip allowance.

Im about to send lilbill a stock swing arm in trade for a boxed swingarm. Pretty straight forward for ne. The shop i work at has a shipping department..even if you lose money, just know that your helping someone that really wants a part that is taking up space. Idk if ill use the boxed swing arm. But lilbill wants a stocker, i have an extra. Why not?

Back