First time xs650 bobber build

I'm from the south and I didn't mean "hate" in that s
Harsh of a tone... It was more a discouraged feeling on my end. I was just stating how I felt.

Oh they def are going to be ground down and gone over! I was just updating pictures.... Thanks for the input

I've just seen quite a few incidents (here and in person) where excess damage occurred from failed welds. Here's a recent one that I know would just eat me up if it were me:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2164&highlight=bobber+build&page=6

Anyway, just be safe and have a pro look it over if you have any doubts. Losing a part down the road could range from minor to major repercussions. Hope you get her done in time for Daytona!

Kent

Ok so I have not updated this thread in a really long time, but here are a few pics that i have of the end product! hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!!!!

the scanalous shot:
securedownload.jpg

the ride:
bobberride3.jpg

promo shot for our powdercoating shop:
securedownload2.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/chooksstunts/securedownload2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd ride em both :) Show some close ups of that seat set up.

ooh wow... ok well that is just the show pan, standard metal pan and i welded the tounge bracket to it bent it to mount under instead of on the triangle piece where the hard tail is welded on. other seat is custom covered with 2 inch springs. you cant tell but i have the spring brackets welded on but for this show pan i covered them with 2" worth of standard black hose so the pan just rest on the top.

still laughing at your comment :D

Thank you

the front wheel is a originally harley, but made it work with 06 r1 front forks, honda 954 triples, and the xs original stem.
the rear is a front wheel for a m109, we cut the original hubs and i had a custom sprocket made to match the hub size and bolt pattern.

performance machine makes the wheel and the cut is heathen. They retail for around 3k, but i got them on the low and have 700 bucks into them. i try to be a deal shopper.

Yeah cool, generally havn't been a fan of sport bike front ends on old skool bikes but you made it work…..Possibly because you didn't have a gold anodised one like most.
Did the Harley axle work with the R1 or did it have to be modified?

Got any more shots of the bike from different angles? It is a nice build.

Like I said in the other thread love the white, but if it is anything like mine the chain will throw oil all over it in no time and it will discolor.

Why no rear brake?

Thanks, let me know if you ever want to sell them. Can you let me know what size rubber is fitted to them?

Also, is that a sporty tank?

yeah the old girl has a sporty tank in classic fashion... lol and those rims will never be sold, i love this bike :)

wow. that turned out amazing. I thought you were joking when you showed the end product. What frame did you use?

WELL THANKS... I GUESS. LOL no jokes here, that is what it is.

the back bone,steering neck, and double down tubes are stock off of a 1978 xs650, but the hard tail is a weld on from tc brothers that was welded on.\

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, I WANT TO STATE THAT ALL OF THE WELDING THAT WAS POSTED IN THE PICTURES INITIALLY WERE CUT OFF AND RE WELDED FOR NOT ONLY ASCETIC VALUE, BUT STRENGTH AND SECURITY.

Back