First XS build done, f*** yeah!

love it! couple q's...

1. what tires are those?
2. do you have more details/pics of how you did the seat and rear fender? looks really clean!

So the tires are Firestone ANS Military, 19x4 and 18x4.5. The seat mounts to the frame at four little tabs that have been welded to the rails, one at the front behond the tank mount, two on the sides by the shocks and one at the rear center of the loop. The seatpan is made of sheet metal with bolts tack welded in place for those brackets.

Last edited:
Simple and clean I would stop right there! it is really easy to go overboard on these things. Buy another and go crazy on it. What you have there is a sweet daily ride.

Yeah I think I'm going to leave it alone for now. If i do change anything in the future it will be to start blacking out more of the aluminum and chrome and adding a lot of brass bits.

Great stance.

There is a kit made for rearsets that isn't as far back as the Lowbrow/terrozzi style. Almost a mid/rear. Really nice. THere was a set for sale on these forums yesterday. They are already sold, but you can see what they look like mounted.

Oldschool speed makes them

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22660

What did you use to lower your forks? How low did you go?

very nice .:thumbsup:

I was a bit confused looking through the images though lol.

the first LH side image had no pipe wraps.....

the second RH side image the RH side header had gained some wrap ?

and on the third LH image both the pipes had got wrapped !?....:wtf:

Guess you camera work was over a few hours/days :laugh:

It's not the sort of bike I'd usually build as I tend to think 400 miles or more in the saddle but for a daily driver, trips around town, to and from work, going out on Saturday night... I love it!

Back