Fitting an XS1 tank to 79' special

DrewMartin

Old fashioned new guy
Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry if this has already been well covered but I searched for several hours and couldn't come up with much.

I knew going into this the mounts would be slightly different due to frame revisions over the years. Not a big deal. The front is obviously wider and the distance between the mounts fore and aft is longer. Neither of those are a big deal.

What I want to make sure of before I start fitting this is, does this gap exist on the early frames between the tank and the frame? Seems fairly large and I'd like to close this up a little, but before I do want to make sure I'm not crazy or missing something. Most of the pics I can find online don't really show this area that clearly but the gap does appear much smaller on XS1's.

20160430_134030_zpslmanbz5u.jpg

That looks about right. There has to be enuff room there for the harness and cables. Here's my XS1B's front harness routing, and the tank over it. Plenty of room without squeezing it.

Attachments

• TankHarness01 .jpg
    TankHarness01 .jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 211
  • TankHarness02.jpg
    TankHarness02.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for the picture 2M, now I know what the pair of grey coils I found in a box of parts came from.

Back