flasher relay replacement

2phased

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
blew my flasher relay up today had short in my switch block when i was rewiring the bike
im trying use xs2 left switch block with a 75 harness does anyone know any aftermarket ones and what ,watt ratings to get
j

here in the states I'd use a automotive type 522 if you have the stock bulbs if LEDs you'll need a electronic flasher

The way the turn signal switch wires up didn't change from 70 up to when they addded the cancler unit. Power comes from the flasher to the switch on the brown/white wire. Out on the dark green and chcolate wires.
The replacement flasher will have just two prongs. Plug it in so the prongs hook into the brown and brown/white wires. The black wire is a ground that only gets used on the stock flasher.
I have found on the two 75's I've owned if the flasher goes bad it shorts to ground on that black wire, melting the wire. The heat from the melting wire might not start a fire but it can melt the wires close by and short them out too.
I reccomend changing the flasher even if it still works.
I flasher I use can flash just one LED bulb or up to 150 watts. Any combo of led or regular bulbs.
I got it from www.superbrightleds.com Item LF1-S-Flat $8.95.
The 522, from any parts store, will flash most regular bulbs.
Leo

Back