Flat Tracker Handle Bars

topster

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have a 77' Tracker and the handle bars I have are too low and a little too much forward reach for me. I broke my back in 08' and need to sit more upright for comfort. Here is my question__ Flat Tracker bars in all the vintage pics appears a little higher and more pull back. I looked at some bars on the web and these are some specks that appeared close to what I'm thinking. Maybe higher ??? Maybe more Pull ???
Height--------4 to 4.5
Pull-----------8.5 to 11.5
Center------- 4.5
Width---------28 to 32
Does anyone have some info about what real Flat Track racers use.

Topster

I had the low super bike bars on my 75 when I got it. They made my shoulders and back hurt after an hour or so.
I have a dirt bike/atv salvage yard near me. I stopped by to talk to the guy and he gave me a set that where from an atv, they where on a shelf behind a pile of tires, he didn't recall what they came off but where taller wider and pulled back more.
They have a thicker wall tubing the my old bars. Less vibes in the mirrors and I don't hurt after a ride.
About a 6 inch rise, 7 inch pull back, 32 inch wide. The knurling on the bars matched the 650 risers perfectly.
If you have a salvage yard around take your bike and show the guy your bars and tell him you need a hgigher , more pull back, and wider set. Take a few tools and he might let you try a set our too to find a set you like.

OEM VStrom bars are a nice bend for a tracker if you don't mind basic black, they go cheap on Ebay and are knurled in the right place...worth a look.

I just bought some cheap bars that have the #10 bend. 4 1/2" rise 34 wide and about the same pullback. They came from a local distributor called MC distributor so you shouldn't have trouble locating a pair. BTW #10 was a common D/T bend and there was a higher one also.

Back