Flywheel rotor puller

just use a crowbar and a hammer... be gentle and wiggle top then bottom the either side, should work like a charm.... mine fell right off...

just use a crowbar and a hammer... be gentle and wiggle top then bottom the either side, should work like a charm.... mine fell right off...

IF you don't plan to keep it :thumbsup:

I have a puller, but most of the time the rotor is dead, so I smack it with a hammer with a little pressure from a 2 jaw puller and it pops right off..

Is the danger of not using the right puller that the rotor may break, or are you just liable to damage the winding?

caveman mechanics :shrug: why not just beat the whole motorcycle apart? the proper tool is only ten bucks

When I didn't have the proper tool, the 2 jaw and a quick smack with a hammer always did the trick...

Never worked in an Auto repair shop huh? Mechanics are VERY proud of their hammers :laugh:

I was asking because they're still worth something if only the winding is bad....and with most of the ones coming off the winding would be bad to begin with.

The bushing with key way that joins rotor to crankshaft is a splined piece that's pressed into the rotor body. If the bushing is stuck hard to the shaft a 2 or 3 jaw puller will sometimes pull the rotor right off the bushing, compounding the grief.

Back