Foot clutch conversion kit

I admit that I've never had the 'pleasure' of a foot clutch/ hand change combo but the thought of it doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm.
Such arrangements need to be put into the context in which they are expected to operate.
Way back then there was far less traffic to contend with; the speed of the traffic around you was lower. On many machines you also had solid rear ends, iffy front ends, brakes that were more ornamental that effective. You may also be presented with an advance lever to play with and if really lucky a lubrication system that you had to pump yourself. The list goes on.

Nowadays things are much different with traffic moving at far greater speeds, higher volumes of vehicles, cyclist and pedestrians.

I have total admiration and awe of anyone who was able to ride those early machines but were we smarter? Not sure about that. I think what it does demonstrate is our ability to adapt. Were they as safe to ride? Someone somewhere may have the statistics to answer that so I'll leave it to them to answer.
It is also shows how, over the intervening years, evolution has weeded out the bad ideas and built on the good.

As for something being 'cool'; one mans cool can be another's inferno. That doesn't make one bad or the other good. We are all different and should celebrate that.
Where I start to have issues is where (IMHO) the safety of individuals and (perhaps) more importantly that of innocent third parties is put at risk.

nothing cooler than a foot clutch, hand shift, rear brake only bike, riding with the old lady on the back and stopping on a steep hill in heavy traffic, think about that for a minute!

Foot clutch, tank shift, up into the 1950's.
Conducting pursuits at 100+mph
PoliceMotorcycles.jpg

My great uncle used to ride those as courier, north Africa, in WW2 combat conditions...

Oh dear, seems like someone is at the 'wrong time of the month'
....and welcome to the board. I'm sure we all look forward to more of your constructive comments.

PS: I'm not a complete fool, there are still some parts I need to find.
Hey, sorry for the late response, but I’ve gottta apologize for blowing up. I’m sorry man.

Josh, please show us some pictures of a completed set-up, maybe a rider on the bike using the set-up.
Welcome to the forum.

Scott

Attachments

• 07A870FB-CD8B-4E1F-BC9B-93ACD1FCC8DA.jpeg
    07A870FB-CD8B-4E1F-BC9B-93ACD1FCC8DA.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 234
  • E62BF042-5FF6-43ED-A2AA-753F97E141B9.jpeg
    E62BF042-5FF6-43ED-A2AA-753F97E141B9.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 250
  • 27C9410F-86BB-489E-A051-76910EA2D029.jpeg
    27C9410F-86BB-489E-A051-76910EA2D029.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 250
I also will buy a kit... and the suicide jockey shifter I will make myself.
Greets from the Netherlands, Alex

I found a company here in the US that builds the external clutch conversion kit but unfortunately they are not accepting orders at this time. Their push screw conversion is around $165 USD. The company is called JUMP STREET CUSTOMS.

Hey josh you Still making thoes foot clutches I want one for my 1972 xs2 chopper I just got a springer and I think this will complete my build

Back